Artery Survey results - March 2011
…to everyone who took part in the Artery Online Survey during February. Your views are important to us and help us to find out how useful you find ArteryOnline.
We are pleased to report:
- 86% of respondents gave ArteryOnline 3 or more stars.
- 77% of respondents considered ArteryOnline to be either important or very important to their practice.
And in line with our current knowledge of artists across the county it is useful to note that:
- Visual Artists count for 43% of respondents.
- Followed by craftspeople – 25% of respondents.
- Media (including photography) at 11%
- Other 9%
- Education (including workshop leaders) and literature both at 5% of respondents.
- And finally music at 2%.
When asked to describe career stage the results were relatively evenly spread across new graduate or in first 2 years of business (23%), mid-career (36%) and well-established (32%). Only 2% of respondents stated that they were currently in education (arts related course).
50% of respondents stated that they spent up to £1000 on their arts practice. This still indicates that a significant number of readers spend more than £1000 on their business (with 25% spending between £1000 and £3000 and 25% spending £3000 plus).
ArteryOnline is intended to be primarily a tool to inform artists about opportunities and provide other information which may lead to opportunities for them and their business, we are therefore pleased to note the following results:
- 75% stated that they used ArteryOnline as a source of information.
- 66% attended or participated in an event eg h.Art as a result of reading ArteryOnline.
- 32% felt that they had benefited from networking opportunities presented by ArteryOnline.
- 25% had received a direct economic benefit as a result of reading ArteryOnline.
- 23% developed skills as a result of attending training or workshops.
- And 14% increased their mailing list.